Originally used by the local villagers, the Town Quarry was extensively worked during the 19th Century to produce stone
for the building of the Victorian town. There is a small permanent exhibition depicting this part of the quarry history inside
the main building.
Quarrying ceased in the 1950's. During the 1980's Weston Civic Society persuraded the
local authority to grant a lease on the site and it has became a place to relax and enjoy nature.